2.15.2010

Cactus Joe's Song of the Day - "Better" by Flood Romeo



I realize you probably never heard of this band.

Flood Romeo was an indie rock band from Sioux Falls, SD in the late 90s. I chanced upon them because I played in a band with their soon-to-be drummer, Darren Matthes, in the mid-90s.

I always thought their song writing was excellent, and I was sad when they broke up in 1998 after releasing their only album "A Sugar-Coated Truth," which is no longer in print (I own a rare signed copy...).

So this cover of their song "Better" is a tribute of sorts.

Toby Kane and Dan Anderson, the principle song writers for FLOOD ROMEO, went on to form the TOBY KANE BAND. So if you like my rendition of this song, check out the TOBY KANE BAND at www.myspace.com/tobykaneband.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment